A Company Secretary is a senior-level executive in a company who is responsible for ensuring that the organization complies with legal and regulatory requirements, and for overseeing its governance and administration. In India, the appointment of a Company Secretary is mandatory for certain types of companies, as specified under the Companies Act, 2013.
The role of a Company Secretary includes the following tasks:
- Ensuring compliance with the Companies Act, 2013 and other relevant laws and regulations
- Keeping the company’s records and registers up-to-date and maintaining accurate and complete records of all company transactions
- Advising the Board of Directors on corporate governance and best practices
- Acting as a liaison between the company and regulatory authorities, such as the Ministry of Corporate Affairs and the Registrar of Companies
- Facilitating communication and coordination between the company and its shareholders and stakeholders
In summary, a Company Secretary plays an important role in ensuring the smooth functioning and compliance of a company in India.
Do you need in company secretary service , please contact CS Nisha Gupta